Many time sensitive resources are shared in our business newsletter, The Main Connection. You can browse archived issues:
Through the City of Boston’s Office of Economic Development and other community partners, Brighton Main Streets is able to offer businesses a wide variety of support and programs. These include:
Action for Boston Community Development – Allston/Brighton
• ABCD provides resources and support to Brighton residents with an overall goal of reducing hunger and improving access to nutritious food.
• Additional services are provided in the areas of fuel and tax assistance, utility bill advocacy, clothing and essentials, and much more.
Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation
• AB-CDC is a community resource supporting the preservation of affordable housing and fostering community leadership.
• They serve to increase Brighton residents’ economic well being and provide first-time home buyers with the tools and resources to help reach their goals.
Allston Brighton Health Collaborative
• ABHC’s mission is to improve access, equity, and safety to food resources, mental wellness options, and transportation.
• They host and co-sponsor a wide array of informational programming and social events which can be viewed on their calendar.
•The Board advances the commercial, industrial, professional, and civic interests of Brighton.
It is very tough to run a small business by oneself, especially a restaurant. I faced so many challenges, but have received so much help from Brighton Main street!!
Their support and help made me feel secure!! This feeling of security didn't come easily, but through the hard work of Brighton Main Streets’ staff and Board of Directors. They showed me they care, and that they are all willing to help. For this, I am very thankful and grateful I have chosen Brighton to start my first little business." - Elizabeth, Little Pecan Bistro
We can’t say how much we have appreciated Brighton Main Streets
and how helpful they have been to our business and the community for years. We are so grateful for their continued effort in supporting Brighton and we look forward to continuing working with BMS in helping to improve our Main Street District in the future. - Dana, owner of Dana’s Nail Salon
Brighton Main Streets has had the very best,
brilliant & caring Executive Directors, who are always looking to help small businesses to survive and find tools and connections to flourish. I have owned my business for the past 30 years and since BMS has started, they have always been there for my business. Thank you, Brighton Main Streets! Amanda Rojas, owner of Amanda's Flowers.
City of Boston Economic Development Office
• Serves as a one-stop resource to help businesses grow while fostering economic inclusion and equity
City of Boston Small Business Development Office
• Offers licensing and permitting resources, and technical assistance
• The Office also hosts a weekly conference call on Tuesdays at 3 p.m. All small businesses are welcome to join.
City of Boston Women Entrepreneurs Office
• The Office provides women entrepreneurs a forum for networking, technical assistance, and skill-building opportunities in an effort to help launch or build their businesses
Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce